Ethos and values
To enable women and children to grow to ensure their voices are heard and that they take their rightful place in a just and equal society.
- To demonstrate Respect through listening actively to others and being non-judgemental
- To create a Welcoming Friendly Atmosphere
- To recognise diversity through treating people as individuals
- To demonstrate Equality through showing no difference among those we work for and with
- To maintain Confidentiality through being clear about boundaries and meeting the requirements of the confidentiality code.
- To provide Support through matching need.
- To demonstrate Commitment through generating positive energy individually and collectively
- To underpin work with a Feminist ethos that raises Awareness of the inequalities experienced by women in society and provides interventions to redress the balance.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide a holistic service which addresses the individual needs of women
- Provide a quality service so that children have access to a Wide Range of positive experiences to enable them to reach their full potential now and later in life
- Maximise the income generating activities of Footprints Women’s Centre in order to sustain our social and business objectives.
- Raise awareness and develop skills that enable women to influence policies and legislation and services affecting their lives and the lives of their children.
- Ensure Footprints Women’s Centre is accountable and value based in all its activities.
- Tailor a range of learning and development opportunities to enable women and children to reach their potential
- Facilitate referrals internally and externally to services developed to meet needs
- Develop a structured and progressive volunteer programme
- Promote social inclusion through all centre programmes and activities.
- Explore other opportunities for social business and income generation
- Ensure financial management systems are in place to find and manage the funds for our services
- Ensure quality business and community development principles are applied in practice to all activities
- Provide inclusive and well resourced services that are child led and responsive to children’s individual needs
- Maintain and develop strong working partnerships with parents, social partners and service users to widen access to resources and services and influence policy
- Ensure sufficient and skilled people are in place to meet requirements of our best practice frameworks
- Consolidate existing social business provision
- To design and produce a marketing and promotion strategy and to promote our services to women, children, social partners and funders.
- To support and encourage active participation by local women and children on relevant bodies and campaigns
- To carry out and publish research which will inform future local strategic development
- To facilitate discussion with women and children on equality and rights issues
- To monitor our practice to ensure it is value based
- To share information that is accessible and relevant
- To implement and develop ICT Strategy.